All foreign nationals, including volunteers from outside India will need an Intern Visa or Employment Visa to work with us in India. Intern/Employment visas are usually granted for the term of the contract, or one year. The Intern Visa will be granted at any time during the course of study; or immediately after completion of graduation (bachelor degree)/ post-graduation (masters degree), but the gap between the completion of degree and commencement of the internship should not be more than two years. If you are unable to apply for Intern visa, you must apply for Employment Visa. You will need to obtain the visa before departing for India. Do not apply for an entry visa or a business visa or a tourist visa.

It is your full responsibility to secure the intern/employment visa and ensure the full legality of your stay in India during the tenure of the contract. To do so requires consultation of resources beyond the information provided. Please check with an Indian consulate or embassy in your home country for the most current information. Visit the India Visa Centre online for detailed instructions on obtaining an employment visa . Please refer to their website and the appropriate consulates to ensure a timely and successful visa application process.

Your visa takes effect from the date it is issued; e.g. if you get it a week before departure, that week is counted, even if you have not entered the country yet. Though visas are generally issued within two week, please apply as early as possible as delays as long as four weeks are not uncommon. Foreigners arriving on visa valid for 180 days and more must register with the Foreigner Regional Registration Office.

For volunteers, all costs related to your visa and visa documentation must paid by you.